Saturday, February 14, 2009

Flourished Tulip

Hi there! Today's card is a triple challenge card. I followed the inspiration challenge at SCS, the sketch challenge at PCP and the Timeless Tuesday challenge at Flourishes to use buttons. This is the photo I chose for my inspiration.

I colored my image (Thank You Tulip from Flourishes) with Copic markers, then went over it with my Versa Mark pen and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Next, I sponged in the background using Blush Blossom, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Ruby Red and Bravo Burgundy.

I added some flourishes using a stamp from Siberian Iris. I inked it up with Bravo Burgundy and stamped it off twice on scrap paper before stamping. I did that several times, then stamped it twice with Ruby Red. Then I added some highlights with my white Sakura pen.

The two background panels are designer paper. The top is Kim Hughes from Cornish Heritage Farms and the bottom is from Making Memories.

I stamped the sentiment (also from Siberian Iris) on Blush Blossom cardstock and punched it out using my word window punch from Stampin' Up. To make a larger layer below it, I cut a strip of black cardstock just slightly narrower than 1/2 inch and used my 1/2 circle punch to round the ends. The card base is Blush Blossom.

Thanks for looking. I hope you are having a great Valentine's Day!

14 comments:

Sandy Knecht said...

Beautiful card. You are so talented!

Deb Neerman said...

Beautiful!! Love the color palette ... and the single flower; very elegant!

Elena said...

I love the background you created, Theresa! The flower is so beautiful!
Happy Valentine's Day, Theresa!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

So beautiful! Happy Valentine's Day, Theresa! :)

Rhonda Langley said...

I love those colors together on the background. You are very creative at putting colors together! Lovely card!!

Mrs Mac said...

Beautiful!

Patti J said...

Happy Belated Valentine's Day! I saw this card on SCS yesterday, and knew before I even looked at the sender's name that it was one of yours. You have your own style, and you are going to go very far in the crafting world! It will be fun to watch and see where you land someday! Beautiful work!

Chelsea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea said...

this is a beautiful card and a beautiful tulip ... I love all of the detail and technique in this card.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

I love the background, it's magnificent. Beautiful card!

Stampin_melissa said...

I gasped when I saw your card, it is amazing!

Atty said...

This card is very soft and elegant looking. You did a wonderful job.
Donna

Kristine said...

another gorgeous creation by THeresa!! :) love your sponging/spotlighting and your papers and image are so elegant.

Shirley said...

What a totally gorgeous card! I just bought this set and you have really inspired me, Theresa! I love the flourishes and the flower too!!!